Do you have Voicemail on your cell phone but have no idea how to use it? Most cell phone plans include voicemail but I have found many people do not use it simply because they do not know how to set it up or check their messages. There is no point in having a feature on your phone that you do not use… so get your phones out and let me help you. This is how to set up your voicemail:
On our Verizon Network:
- From your cell phone dial *86 (SEND) OR from a land line call your own cell phone number
- When you hear the generic voicemail answer push the #
- It will ask you for your password and it is usually your mobile number (or the last 4 digits)
- It will then prompt you to change your password
- It will then prompt you to record your voicemail message and will walk you through the remaining steps
On our AT&T network:
- Dial your cell phone number from your cell phone or a landline
- When you hear the generic voicemail answer push the *
- Simply follow the prompts, It will ask you for your password, this is the 7 digit mobile number
On our T-Mobile network:
- From your cell phone, press and hold the 1 key or dial 123.
- It will ask you for your password and it is usually the last four digits of your mobile number.
- It will then ask you to create your new password, and record your greeting and name. Your new password can be any 4 to 7 digit number.
- After you have completed all three of these steps, you will have full access to your new voicemail. You are must complete all three steps to access your voice mail.
I recommend using a 4 digit number as a password for easy access later. I do not recommend using the last 4 of your cell phone, 1234, or 0000 as these are easy to guess. You should set your new password to a number that is easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess.
They say you learn something new every day, so this is your new found knowledge for today. I hope I have been of some assistance. Check back often for more tips and information on the cell phone issues you care about most; if you have specific questions feel free to ask and I will be happy to post the answer shortly. Until next time, have a wonderful day. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.